Thursday, May 29, 2008

A friend in Germany

A friend of mine is currently traveling in Germany. Being that I am well versed in international culture, I always try to offer my friends advice when traveling abroad. You may not know this, but in Germany, people greet one another by doing the "Give me five up high" instead of shaking hands. I could not believe that his travel agent failed to make him aware of this prior to his departure. Understanding the native culture of the country you are visiting is very important. On a previous trip, this same friend was able to awaken the shock and awe of the Japanese people when upon my advice he greeted them with their customary "Hiroshima Hiroshima Ha Ha Ha" greeting. He said that although he could not understand what they were saying, he could tell from the amazement on their faces and the enthusiasm with which they spoke, that they were impressed. I wish him the best of luck and greatest of times.

Until my next post,
Seig High Five!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gibt mir fünf.